– Les Francofolies: this is one of the largest festivals in the region. The Francofolies event returns to the mythical stage of the esplanade of Saint-Jean-d’Acre for its 37th edition. Angèle, Julien Doré, Clara Luciani or even Booba will then follow one another, from 13 to 17 July in La Rochelle. The online ticket office is still open.
– A violin on the sand: on summer evenings, this festival offers classical and opera concerts with feet in the sand on the beaches of Royan, with the sea as a backdrop. This festival takes place from 20 to 30 July.
– Classical music festival at Abbaye aux Dames: Saintes is back in style for the 50th edition of this festival. Classical music is scheduled in the sumptuous setting of the Abbaye aux Dames from 16 to 23 July.
– Bayonne Festival: The 2022 version of the Bayonne Festival will take place from 27 to 31 July.
– Biarritz Piano Festival: from 26 July to 12 August, the 13th edition of the Biarritz Piano Festival, the classical music festival, has 30 concerts on the program, happening “outdoors in front of the ocean”.
– Festivities of Espelette: For four days, from 5 to 8 August, the inhabitants of Espelette organize a party in the streets. Extensive program: cooking of a large barbecue, Ezpela dancers or even Basque pelota….
– MNOP: An institution. From June 30 to July 30, the New Orleans Music Festival in Périgord brings the greatest stars of American blues to the Dordogne. 80 musicians traverse the entire department in search of the best riffs in Arizona.
– Black Périgord Festival: budget of 500,000 euros for 30 concerts, 100 cultural mediation actions and a thousand people. This is the recipe for this event which will take place from 28 July to 19 August in Montignac, in the neighboring villages and up to Sorges.
– Chât’O Rock: two evenings, on 15 and 16 July, in a green setting. For the 2nd edition of this festival, spectators will be able to come and see six groups competing in talent.
– Atypical nights: in the south of Gironde, this festival proposes for its 31st edition a series of twenty events in intimate and festive settings. The evenings take place from 3 June to 23 July, in Podensac.
– Andernos Jazz Festival: 100 musicians, three large stages and 18 concerts… From 29 to 31 July, the 49th edition of this jazz festival promises to be a success. The leitmotif is the guitar, with big names like Tom Ibarra and the Polish Maciek Pysz.
– Sun Ska Festival: The most reggae festival is packing up on the Nodris estate in Vertheuil from 5 to 7 August. Gaël Faye, Judah Roger, Biga Ranx, hip-hop, afro pop … There will be something for everyone.
Musicalarue: From 29 to 31 July more than 70 musical groups and 20 street art companies will perform for 200 shows. In Luxey, spectators will be able to see especially Bernard Lavilliers or Ibrahim Maalouf.
Le Férias de Dax: mythical and long-awaited, the Férias de Dax all dressed in white and red return from 11 to 15 August. After three years of absence, almost 800,000 “festayres” are expected.
The Madeleine celebrations: before Dax, the Mont-de-Marsan celebrations are ready to welcome the 600,000 participants, blue scarf tied around the neck. Arenas and toros are scheduled from 20 to 24 July.
– Summer in Pau: for its 41st edition, this free festival, which takes place from 21 July to 7 August in Pau, offers a series of concerts. Headliner of the Malian duo Amadou & Mariam, whose album “Dimanche à Bamako” was crowned with a Victoire de la Musique in 2005. The event will take place at the Beaumont Park open-air theater.
– Laàs musical transhumance: after two years of absence due to the health crisis, this festival returns to the Bernese lands for the 25th time in mid-July. The singer Vianney and the Spanish group Ska-P are the two concerts scheduled for this summer.
– Emmaus Lescar Festival: it is an evening organized on August 15th. To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the community in Mirepeix, the festival organizers brought Orelsan.
Lotto and Garonne
– The Bonaguil-Fumel Festival: In the beautiful Bonaguil fortress this festival, which takes place from 2 to 7 August, will feature actors such as André Dussollier. In all, six shows, both classic and unpublished, will be performed by big names in the theater and performing arts.
The Agen Festivals: how to miss this festive, musical and popular moment? On August 26, 27 and 29, find paid concerts with Sexion d’Assaut or Feder or even free sports activities on the Esplanade du Gravier.
Music in Albret: jazz extends your summer. It will be played in Nérac from 9 to 11 September. For this festival, which will take place in the royal park of the Garenne in Albret, there will be theatrical performances, a village of flavors and concerts.
– Cognac Blues Passion: the festival has already started and ends on Sunday 10 July. With 9 stages, 60 artists and 80 concerts, blues and rock lovers are spoiled this year for the 29th edition of the festival.
– Feast of Cognac: The unmissable event of Cognac resumes its rights from 28 to 30 July on the quays and on the tourist port of the city. After 25 years of existence, this festival, located between gastronomy and music, offers for example the opportunity to taste the wines of the Charente while listening to a concert by Bigflo & Oli, one of the headliners of the event.
– Confolens Festival: In the last part of the summer, from 9 to 15 August, the Confolens festival returns for its 64th edition. For these seven days of folklore there will be 400 artists from 13 different countries.
#Parties #festivals #missed #summer #South #West