Several sequences in the summary of Soft Power this week: in the first part of the show, the cultural and digital news who marked the week; then an exchange with Derek Barbollafounder of
Circlespecializing in the organization and live broadcast of electronic music concerts and festivals from unusual, cultural and natural locations around the world (from 30 min. in the podcast) ; finally a great interview with Bruno CrolotHead of International, Music at Spotify and Antoine Monin, Managing Director of Spotify France & Benelux (from 51 min. in the podcast).
Leader in audio streaming
The Spotify streaming platform reached 500 million users worldwide in March 2023 and is aiming for 1 billion users by 2030. During its event
Stream On March 8, 2023the platform announced new tools for its creators, the appearance of a video feed focused on the discoverability of artists and new features for users.
Bruno CrolotHead of International Music at Spotify and Antoine MoninManaging Director of Spotify France & Benelux offer a cross-section of Spotify in France and around the world and share musical trends, the incredible emergence of the podcast, the secrets of the algorithm, the question of fake streams and the new challenges for Spotify.
Electronic music in search of the unusual
Circle invites the greatest DJs to perform concerts in exceptional places. Millions of spectators were able to follow the concerts of Ben Böhmer live in a hot air balloon in Turkey or of Sofiane Pamart under the northern lights in Lapland.
Derek Barbollathe founder and president of Cercle shares the decisions behind the choice of artists and venues, the logistics behind the organization of concerts, visibility for artists as well as for tourist offices and the new challenges of Cercle.
News of the week
Twitter: The Musk Method
- Editions | Bret Easton Ellis, author ofAmerican Psycho returns with a new novel, Splinters (ed. Robert Laffon), after 13 years of absence.
- Movie theater | The film Tetris was released on the Apple TV+ platform, a film about video games against a backdrop of the Cold War.
To view this Youtube content, you must accept cookies Advertisement.
These cookies allow our partners to offer you personalized advertising and content based on your browsing, your profile and your areas of interest.
Manage my choices
Music | Jay-Z’s voice has been remixed by an artificial intelligence.
To view this Twitter content, you must accept cookies Social Networks.
These cookies make it possible to share or react directly on the social networks to which you are connected or to integrate content initially posted on these social networks. They also allow social networks to use your visits to our sites and applications for the purposes of personalization and advertising targeting.
Manage my choices
Find the playlist of the show Soft Power directly on Spotify.
Box office of the week
Welcome to the Box-Office, the show’s weekly meeting place
Soft Power. Every week, we peel the trends of the culture and the biggest successes of the moment. In partnership with
the GfK study institute for books and video games and
CBO Box Office for the cinema.
Sales ranking of the week, literary fiction category (source GFK)
Ranking of sales of the week, essays and documents category (source GFK)
Ranking of cinema releases of the week (source CBO Box Office)
Ranking of video games of the week (source GFK)
- How Russian Journalists in Exile Are Covering the War in Ukraineby Masha Gessen, The New YorkerMarch 6, 2023.
- Espionage Charge Adds Hurdle to Freeing a Reporter Detained in Russiaby Michael Crowley, Ivan Nechepurenko and Anton Troianovski, The New York TimesMarch 31, 2023.
- Claude Malhuret: “On the TikTok file, Westerners are confusingly naive”interview by Anne Cagan, The ExpressMarch 30, 2023.
- The magic that makes Spotify’s Discover Weekly playlists so damn goodby Adam Pasick, QuartzDecember 21, 2015.
- Without streaming, life would be a mistake (For a new music ethic)by Frederic Martel, French CultureApril 15, 2021.
- Loud & Clearthe site that details the key figures of Spotify’s remuneration to rights holders.
- The SNEP reportthe national syndicate of phonographic publishing on French musical production in 2022.
- Fake streams, real phenomenon: the CNM, with professionals to fight against fraudpress release from the National Music Center, January 16, 2023.
SOFT POWER NEWS | To better understand it, our
x-ray of generation z . For a new ethics of streaming music,
our advice for reclaiming your music . To understand everything about digital news, read
our digital Alphabet and our guide to
44 intellectuals to think digital. And to learn more about the thought of ecology, we have created our
ideal library for ecological thinkers.
••• You can write to us to share your reactions, your comments, your criticisms. Soft Power, France Culture, 116 avenue du president Kennedy 75016 PARIS or by email directly to the address email@example.com
Leave a Comment